Individuals qualified as a Virginia Firefighters and Advanced Life Support provider applying for opening with us should submit a complete resume along with a cover letter with a minimum of three references.
If you see no job postings listing above we have no openings for fire and rescue staff. If you're interested in volunteering, please go HERE.
We always welcome resumes to be considered for future openings. Thank you for your interest.
Basic Firefighter/Medic Job Description
- Respond to Fire and Rescue calls.
- Drive and operates sophisticated equipment in keeping with acceptable laws and protocols.
- Perform appropriate medical procedures.
- Possess general knowledge of technical fire fighting and principles of hydraulics as applied to fire suppression.
- Inspect and maintain equipment and inventory.
- Possess general knowledge of elementary physics, chemistry and mechanics.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public.
- Complete appropriate fire and medical reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Must have requisite experience and training with demonstrated ability to learn and improve skills related to EMS and Firefighting.
Education and Experience
- Firefighter II as licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Must be licensed as an EMT-Intermediate by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Valid Virginia Drivers License and EVOC Class 3 certificate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.