Individuals qualified as a Virginia Firefighters and Advanced Life Support provider applying for opening with us should submit a complete resume along with a cover letter with a minimum of three references.
If you're interested in volunteering, please go HERE.
We always welcome resumes to be considered for future openings. Thank you for your interest.
Basic Firefighter/Medic Job Description
- Respond to Fire and Rescue calls.
- Drive and operates sophisticated equipment in keeping with acceptable laws and protocols.
- Perform appropriate medical procedures.
- Possess general knowledge of technical fire fighting and principles of hydraulics as applied to fire suppression.
- Inspect and maintain equipment and inventory.
- Possess general knowledge of elementary physics, chemistry and mechanics.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public.
- Complete appropriate fire and medical reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Must have requisite experience and training with demonstrated ability to learn and improve skills related to EMS and Firefighting.
Education and Experience
- Firefighter II as licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Must be licensed as an EMT-Intermediate by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Valid Virginia Drivers License and EVOC Class 3 certificate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.